History of the Faculty of Science
Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai Campus is one of the most prestigious science faculties in the South of Thailand in all: Teaching, Learning, Research and Academic services. The faculty was established in 1967, the same year the Prince of Songkla University was established.
Currently, the Faculty of Science consists of 4 divisions: Physical Science, Biological Science, Computational Science and Health and Applied Sciences. There are 13 undergraduate and 28 graduate programs: 17 master’s degrees (5 international programs) and 11 doctoral degrees (6 international programs). Throughout the time of establishment, the faculty has continuously developed academic strength, scientific teaching and learning, and technology with the aim to produce science graduates with knowledge according to international standards that are full of morality and ethics, and be able to step on the world stage with pride.
The Faculty of Science, PSU is dedicated to developing human resources with knowledge, morality and scientific skill to conduct research, and produce innovations internationally recognized with the focus on transferring scientific knowledge and providing academic services on a national standard.
To be one of the top faculties for science in ASEAN (Goal: to be among the Top 3 in Thailand by 2023 and the Top 5 in ASEAN by 2027).
- Innovative education with global teaching and learning education.
- Research and innovation in the field of Bio-Circular-Green Economy (BCG) to raise national competitiveness and create international recognition.
- Enhancing academic services towards national and international standards: NQIS.
- Outreach and engagement with communities, government, and industries.
- Internationalize the institution.
Core Value = SPIRIT
- S=Social Responsibility
- P=Positive Thinking
- R=Research Oriented